View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Neutral     

Thanks for all the input, guys. I finally managed to speak with someone at Finishline who was familiar with the product, Enzo himself. He assured me that there is in fact a bracket at the back of the over-rider, that it is already drilled to the standard center-to-center measurement for attachment of a rear "nudge bar", which is a C-to-C measurement of 2 1/4", and that the bracket is drilled for 10mm (SAE equivalent 3/8") studs/rods or bolts.

I've been looking at my setup, and I think I'll be OK, given the information from Enzo. I'll use the present mounting hardware, won't need to fabricate studs/rods. I'll simply remove the bumper assembly from the body by removing the center bolt, then reverse the upper and lower bolts so that instead of the nut being at the back of the bracket, it will be the head (that will even give me slightly greater clearance than I have with the nut at the back of the bracket), and the bracket for the over-rider will slip right over the bolts. The nuts will hold the over-rider in place, and I'll just attach the assembly when completed with that single center bolt that holds it in place now.

Will be making the order on Monday, and I'll let you all know how things go. If it is going to be as simple as I think it will, I'd anticipate a 45 minute R&R. I'll even post some photos in case someone else needs the info in the future.

Again, many thanks to all who chimed in here. That young man who gave me the incorrect information when I first called almost cost Finishline the sale....he should have been familiar enough with the product to have told me that there was a bracket welded to the back of the over-rider.

Onward through the fog !!

Cheers from Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!