Thread: CorVace Photos!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default CorVace

First let me say, I was a 22 year old mechanic working at Columbia Triumph, in the Wheaton Triangle on Reedie Drive, Wheaton, Md. We were racing about 4 TR3 Triumph's in SSCA events. We had one of the few chassis dyno's in the DC area at the time. I use too power tune all types of sports cars before races in the area, great fun.
Roger & I were great friends and spent many late nights working on his cars and hanging around with other drivers, like Charley Wallace, Dick Thompson, etc.
Now as you might guess I was too busy working on cars, going to races to take pictures. Being a kid in car heaven so to speak, camera's were no in my tool box. I'm sorry today for that. Rogers wife Helen did come to the shop in the evening as we built the car and take pictures. But as I said before, when Roger retired and they moved to Arkansas the the mover lost, Ya right, all the pictures they had of Rogers racing history. He had a Jag 120 that he raced when I first met him. He was a founding member of the Washington, DC, Lavender Hill Mob.
As to the name of the car if I remember right, was his wife, Helen's idea. He had the emblem made, and to the best of my knowledge, was a one off. The car was sold to a gentleman in Ohio I think, about 1958.
Those where the good old days for me as you can imagine, LOL. Keep your builds going guys, and drive them, don't build trailer Queens!