Thread: CorVace Photos!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427sc
Not Ranked     

I just ran across this thread and have a little experience with a Chevy powered AC. Back in 1987 my buddy and I got a job detailing and prepping a 57 AC Ace for a lawyer that was getting ready to take it to Arizona to sell at auction.
My buddy did detailing and I was a mechanic and machinist so I dialed in the carb, tuned it up and made sure the brakes (aluminum finned drums) were working well.
The car had a 283 with a carter 4 barrel if I remember correctly with a 4 speed. Bright red paint with a louvered hood and wire wheels with knock offs.

It was an unforgetable experience for the two of us. I was 18 and my buddy was 20 and this lawyer, that had taken the car from a client that couldn't pay his bill, knew nothing about cars and somehow thought it was okay to have 38 years of total life experience in charge of his car.

For two friends that grew up watching Gumball Rally over and over again to have a car like that for the weekend, to work on AND "test drive" all over town... Well, just awesome!

The guy took it by trailer to Arizona and we heard that a tie down or chain had let loose and smacked the side of the car all the way down there, resulting in a sale of only $10,000 or something like that.

I have video of the car if anyone recalls seeing or hearing about it. It did not say CorVace on it so we thought it was just a hot rod someone built back in the late 50's or early 60's.