View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 02:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

Hi Dave W
My advice is to see what year LS7 throttle body you have as GM has changed them around 08/09. You can either go with the ZO6 set up or the VE setup, GM use differnt connectors to Holden so if you go the VE way you will be best to ring Justin(double dip) and get him to make up ALL of you Harness as the ZO6 engine harness wont connect to the VE harness. If you go the ZO6 way you will need the EBSCM and the BCM but you can buy the ZO6 Harness from GM new and for a reasonable price.
The GM ancillery kit is by far the cheapest way, you can get the ZO6 or commodore style set ups.
The E38 has 2 connectors the E67 has 3. I went with the E38 as my engineer wanted Complete GM set up so I didnt have to do any emissions tests other than a noise test for my side pipes.
I would go with the E38 and sent it to Justin so he can put a LS7 tune in it not a VE 6L!!!. He then will set up everything that the ECU will need to run. I got the factory ZO6 tune with the usual things disabled as required. At 505hp in a 1100KG car you dont need to chase more HP with "hot" tunes. so stick with the ZO6 tune or W427 tune if you go the VE route.
I went with a mafless tune as I didnt have room in my intake pipe as the ZO6 sensor requires 5 inches of straight pipe and cost $350 us. I used a F body IAT, they are the plastic threaded styles ones.
You can also run MRC if you want to get the magnetic shock setup

Last edited by alffie; 04-19-2011 at 02:36 AM..