View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default 'Arrogant' RTA to get humbling overhaul

This is in todays paper. It me the right to lobby the new goverment with ideas for ICV rego.

THE Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) will be a "very different" organisation in 12 weeks time, New South Wales Roads Minister Duncan Gay said as he pledged sweeping reforms to curb a culture of "arrogance".

"The people sitting in the cars today, they're our customers, and we have to make that customer service is right," Mr Gay said today.

"What we're doing is in the first stage moving people from the back rooms into customer delivery, into the frontline of development."

Mr Gay said a sense of "arrogance" had seen the RTA and its 7000-odd workers stray from its core responsibilities, but praised staff for identifying some of these underlying problems.

"RTA should be providing roads, planning for roads and providing those services that they do on licences and registration, and doing it better," Mr Gay told Macquarie Radio.

"The good thing I've found in the RTA is that they've identified that there's a persona of arrogance and they're starting to work on it.

"We have got to be careful - there are some great people in all these organisations - that we maintain the good bits and the good people as we go through the changes."

Mr Gay said the Coalition's new single integrated transport authority included sweeping changes to the RTA structure to boost frontline staff and customer services.

"The RTA will still be an important sector," Mr Gay said on ABC Radio.

"But as I said yesterday, the RTA will be very different. We envisage a different organisation."

He said the Government had given itself 12 weeks to introduce the changes.

Last edited by WKB; 04-19-2011 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: spelling