View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     
Default Could not even get an estimated shipping charge from FL

I could see how the OP of this locked thread might be a bit miffed (my apologies to Jamo for bringing up the issue again):

Finish Line Accessories Shipping Charges

I just ordered a couple of parts from Finish Line and even though I spent about 15 minutes on the phone line with them, they still could not tell me what the shipping charges would be. Apparently they compute the shipping charges when they box up the order....not quite sure why they can't estimate the shipping charges, but they don't seem to be able to do so at the time the order is placed.

In their defense, they were gracious when the issue was discussed and offered to hold off taking my credit/debit card number until they could contact me later this afternoon with the shipping charges, so I don't feel like Finish Line is trying to gouge us on shipping.

But...........maybe a bit better tracking system would allow them to discuss the issue at the time the order is placed, though. Given the chatter regarding the issue, it might make the "first time buyer" like me a bit more relaxed in terms of making my decision as to which source from which to order.

In the end, though, I just gave the gal the credit card number, I need the parts and thought "What the hell, I'm going to order from someone".

I guess I'll find out what the shipping charges are when they email me later today, after the parts are packaged.

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!