View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Originally Posted by fordracing65
Or a fast efi, chashburn your opinion is meaningless to me, go to mexico and get some roush parts.( actaully most of the speed parts are from mexico, Roush is the only one with an upcharge for his cheap labor, what a rippoff)

You are talking rubbish, a lot of the cheaper speed parts might be from mexico, KC did my engine and it was well over $20k for a custom built race engine, I dont think Jesel, Sony Bryant, JE, Carrillo are made in Mexico.
Dart blocks might be I guess it depends on where the factories are!

I use a Jerico five speed my decision was made as I wanted a decent trans that will handle road racing and limited road use, Tremec are a road transmission and have had early quality control issues, and made in mexico did sway my decision.

If I buy something USA is normally my preference, French or German for tools etc as their iron ore is renown especially France. Not keen on mexican or chinese, but My 27" Imac computer was assembled in China and it hasnt given one problem in 7 months. A friend of mine has a large chinese lathe 40years old and still going well.

The 1960's rocked!