View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Hi Jeff!
What scoops? I can't get my eyes off that paintwork....
OK I can see them now. So, opinions? I would paint them (inside/outside) the same or similar to the wheels. I know, it's a Cobra replica, and subtlety isn't in their dictionary, but its an FIA replica without stripes, not a 427 with look-at-me stripes (apologies, you striped 427 owners), so you don't want the scoops to yell at you too loudly, do you?
Did I mention.... nice paint?
Cheers,
Glen
Glen-

Don't be fooled by the indoor lighting and John's camera. In person, outside, the paint has no orange tinge at all. Still, it is a nice paint job, but a little less "look at me" in person. A little.

I also think the scoops will look more subtle outdoors when viewed from more traditional angles.

Anyway, I'm not going to make any changes until after Peter P. takes it to Carlisle (that's the annual kit car show in late May). The ERA team loves how the scoops look, so they can take it to the show that way.

Jeff