View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Viking Blue "64" 289 FIA comp car by Superformance #0002, Keith Craft - 331 (460HP), Jim Inglese - 48IDA Weber carbs, BW T10 4spd.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
Kurt-

Sorry you're in down in Houston because I'd love to see yours (and maybe drive it???) when it is finished. So far, so very good! Are you going with the full monty: nose stripe, gum balls, trunk dimples, etc.?? What tranny and rear-end? Webers?????

Jeff
Jeff,

Well, if you’re ever in the Houston area, you’re most certainly welcome to visit us and drive this one. Will you extend the same offer to me as well? You and I certainly share the passion for these Little but Mighty 289s.

Yes, certainly “Full Monty” for this one but just between you and I ;-) my Penny Bank is starting to empty pretty fast so the Webers may be delayed awhile but I did at least have the engine cammed correctly for them. The tranny will be a TopLoader simply because I’m convinced I’d kill a T10 in short order. I’m currently chasing down TopLoader parts that will duplicate the original T10 shifter position and total length. The car is scheduled to ship early May so it’s already in final assembly and I’m anxiously awaiting photos from the factory.

Ok, this is your thread so that’s enough about my build. I’m admittedly excited to share my build with some of the other 289 guys here and I really appreciate your kind words - Thank you!

Kurt

Last edited by LightNFast; 04-30-2011 at 08:35 AM..