View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Well, the lights in the room just got bright...

I'd been trying the heel-and-toe downshift on the Cobra with no success.

Then this week at the Bondurant school I got to drive a Corvette and a Formula Mazda and really practice and use it...

Today I powered up the Cobra and tried it again.

Well, there's no way. The spacing from the brake to the accelerator pedal is way too far to reach with roll of the ankle. If I were to guess it's more like the distance would be more to the ankle bone - way too far to consider it working.

Are they all like this???

Can someone post a picture of their pedals? I'll get one of mine and try to get a tape measure in the photo.
The original pedal configuration is terrible on these cars, I fabricated new pedals that move the clutch as far to the left as possible and then built a new wider brake pedal that allows you to left foot brake or roll on the throttle for downshifts. I have large feet (size 13) and could not drive the car properly with the original pedals. My throttle is stock in size but has a much longer travel. I used all the same bushing design and ratios on the lower end of the pedals just changed the size and offset on top half. The throttle is in just the right spot to blip from a fully applied brake position.