View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #880, Ford Racing 392 w/4 - 48IDA Webers, TKO600
Not Ranked     

I can tell you that my BDR has a Ford Racing 392 that makes 475 HP with a Holley 750 and the Victor, Jr. it comes with. I have 4 - 48 IDA Webers so I'm going to assume that output is pretty much the same (i.e. 475 HP). Last Thursday I had the opportunity to find out just how fast my car would go. I had three lanes of straight divided highway, walled median and wall on the outside, with nobody in sight. I ran up through the gears, hit 5th and held it until it wasn't really accelerating anymore and that was just under 165 MPH indicated. So, when somebody asks 'how fast?' I can reasonably say about 163 MPH. That's real world and the math works (RPM, gear ratios and tire circumference). Tach indicated a touch over 6,000 RPM, with .82 5th gear, 3.46 rear end, 25.7 inches as advertised by Goodyear on the tire diameter. To be fair, I did have a pretty steady breeze to my back (probably about 15 mph) so not sure how that would hold on a calm day but feel confident it would still pull 160.