Old 05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVREDSLED View Post
Great information all.

Unfortunatley, I am not in a position to do a build (In NSW..yeah right) so it will be an established car.

I was wondering if any of the Aussie models (DRB, CR etc) are any bigger than the other. I actually have never sat in one, so maybe I am worried about nothing?
The guy that I bought my DRB from was sure that it had a longer chassis than normal... I'm not too sure about the validity of that claim (as I am new to the cobra owners scene), but I can say that there seems to be plenty of room in there. The biggest problem for me is the seat. It is too high and too upright.

So over the last few days since this thread popped up I have been experimenting with the different methods mentioned. The car currently has Austin Healey seats fitted with low profile seat runners. I would like to retain the runners so I simply removed the seat bun section and sat on the floor inside the lower seat frame but with the seat back still fitted.. It highlighted to me how thick the base of the seat is. Now I can see through the windshield and have heaps of room under the steering wheel.

I then cut a piece of high density foam ( like a yoga mat) to suit the lower frame of the seat to provide some comfort. I also placed a few washers at the front of the seat in between the runners and the seat frame to pivot the seat back which makes the angle much more comfortable for me.

This is by no means a permanent solution but at least now I can show whoever ends up making the interior how I can fit....

Incidently I also have size 13 feet, but I am quite comfortable if I wear narrow shoes. If my sole intent (sorry for the pun) is to have a drive, I wear proper rpm race shoes (boots). Very slim and great feel.

Last edited by Toecutter; 05-03-2011 at 03:37 PM..