CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
Just for Popcorn...

How about we throw the LS7 in the mix.

427W: "Weighs approx. 200lbs. less than a Big Block 427FE."

LS7 weighs approx 400 pounds (458 pounds fully trimmed) which is about 120 pounds lighter than an iron head 351W based motor. However the gap is a little closer if you run alloy heads.

427W: "Improved internals over factory 351w. (Forged Connecting Rods, Crank and Pistons)"

LS7 has Titanium con rods from the factory, 6 bolt main bearing caps, factory dry sump etc.

427W "Same Dimensions as 351w."

LS7: Smaller than 351W

427W "Approx. 2-3 inches less in Width and Height than 427FE."

LS7: Approx. 2-3 inches less in Width and Height than 351W

427W "Huge Torque increase over factory 351 engine (500+lbs. when built properly)"

LS7: 475ft/lbs factory stock. This is a conservative factory rating. Dyno tests of stock crate engines have shown this number to be closer to 500. Add a cam and that number will jump to well over 500ft/lbs and 600+ HP.

First Exclusive Dyno Test of a 427 ci LS7 Crate Engine - Hot Rod Magazine

427W: "Runs Cooler than a Big Block Ford."

LS7: designed to run on pump gas, drive to work during the week and then clean up at the track on the weekend. Comes with a factory warranty too.

427W "Vehicle Handles and Corners Better than a Big Block Engine.
Just as Fast or Faster 0-60 or 0-100mph times than a Big Block."

LS7: Umm... Have you seen the times they run them round the Nuremberg Ring?

427W: "Still have the bragging rights of a 427 cubic inch engine under the hood."

LS7: "Still have the bragging rights of a 427 cubic inch engine under the hood."

Let the arguing begin... LOL!!
Yesssssiiiirr... Does right well nestled between the carbon fiber fenders of my Z06 A tune and headers yielded 509 at the tires, sad to say 30 more HP than my KC all aluminum 482" side oiler laid down.

Sorry though... BB side oiler (or at least a FE) all the way in a Cobra. But... I do understand the emissions, gov't red tape, import laws etc, etc... that you're faced with. In your shoes, I probably would go the same route. The LS7 is one mean mutha