View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF 302 cam,balanced,48 IDA Webers
Not Ranked     
Default The saga continues or tuning woes

Hi, I think it easier to rely on the vast amount of knowledge and good faith that exists here than to continue to scratch my head at each step.So,on my current saga I changed out idle jets and holders to reduce the reversion spray over the carbs(48IDAs). I'm still not happy with my linkage ( fabricated it myself) but working on it. Current problem- set the idle screws a little high and tried to read each carb with the air flow device in order to bring them into sync.. One carb stack,in particular, is showing something very odd-I think. The readings on all are a consistent number with a bit of flux-about 5-12 on the scale. The carb feeding cylinder six sucks in a pulse pattern-I mean the needle will literally bounce between 6 and 20 each time the cylinder fires. There is no way I can make any comparisons.I set the mixture screws on all carbs to 3/4 turn off seat. That cylinder, by the way, also exhibits the most upward fuel spray.I thought it just wasn't firing but I checked the wire and plug.Any ideas what I'm seeing here and how to correct it. Thanks for the help, Jon