View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

Yes we have had a few problmes with the Fel-pro gaskets from a few years ago. It seams that the pressure and the anti-freeze cause a problem at the end ports like 1,4,5 and 8. Used these for 10 years with no problem and then over about a 2 year period we had prbomes with them. I know that some things were changed in the anti-freeze and it seems to eat on the gaskets and make them soft and even push out.
We have special gaskets made by Cometic to fit the heads better and that will hold up to the anti-freeze. The Victor intake gaskets seem to work pretty well but do not match the heads very well.
I am sure the gasket moved and let water into the intake port and then it put it through out the engine. Give Tony or Lance a call and we will get you some of the new gaskets. We have also been used distilled water with anti-freezes made for aluminum blocks and heads. We have found in some of our race engines that even the tap water eats on the head gaskets as well. The chemicals vary in the water from area to area. The new gaskets have been working great since we have started using them about a year or so ago.

Thanks, Keith