View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

No, not what I meant. That's just a chart of the TDC method, which isn't what you should use. That's why I went through the explanation of the EOIC method. If you use the TDC method (chart), then you can't ensure that a lifter is sitting on the base circle.

What I was referring to up above (and I may not have explained it correctly) was this: as an example, say you're on #1 cylinder and you see that the #1 exhaust is starting to open. At that point you can adjust the #1 intake valve. At the very same instance without turning the engine over or touching anything else, you see that (just as an example) #4 intake valve is starting to close. Then you can just hop over and set #4 exhaust valve. That's what I was referring to when I said that you can get proficient and just hop around and get them all in short order.

However, just for simplicity sake, forget that I said all of that.....

Start with #1 cylinder, rotate the engine CW until the exhaust valve starts to open. Set the intake valve. Then continue rotating the engine CW until the intake valve starts to close. Set the exhaust valve. Move on to #2 cylinder and repeat the process.

Last edited by blykins; 05-19-2011 at 10:37 AM..