Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     

As a young weekend learner before my apprenticeship I fitted up a new twin exhaust system on a HJ station wagon GTS mock up for a guy, it was T bar auto so I wanted to stick shift it thru the gears on a test drive, went ok for a 253 too. Got it up to about 60 mph in a 60kmh zone in Queanbeyan where the road is quite wide near the YMCA netball courts, as I slotted it into 3rd (D for drive) it went thru the gate and picked reverse. The resulting 360 spin was about 100 metres long and took forever, felt like the car was going to roll over left then right as it came around, the fire extinguisher went off in the front passenger floor and there was powder and sh*t everywhere, including my jocks.
The tar was very coarse and new and those marks stayed there for 2 years. Drove back to the shed shaking like a dog shi**ing razors blades and cleaned the powder out of the cab.
Mate that owned the car knew something had happened but couldnt quite finger me for it.

Also had air shockers on my old VJ valo and when pumped right up it would spin at the drop of a hat.