Thread: soft top
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:19 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobradad View Post
Alright. I've been thinking of buying a soft top for the car. I want to try and make the car as usable as I can by extending my driving season. I bought the car in December and had about 4 30 min drives in 35 degree weather. I was thinking of heated seats, a heater and soft top. I've read side curtains for an ERA are tough to come by? Well I'm doing 75 mph on the way to Carlisle with my wife and it dawns on me that at that speed, without side curtains I would probably tear the soft top off the car. In the forum's infinite wisdom, what's my best bet here. What's the experience of other owners. Thanks.

I've found that without the side windows in, the wind noise is tremendous, only slightly better with the side curtains installed ...........After riding around in a friends car, I firmly believe heated seats are going to be in my next Cobra build.....Even if I have a heater installed.......Finally, with our without the side curtains in, the top will be good to about 75mph, then flaps a round just a bit, enough to move the top of the windshield a quarter inch or so which makes me nervous that I might crack the windshield.....A windshield center post would eliminate some of this movement.........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS