View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     
Default Interesting drive this morning....

Stopped in town this morning at the Thorntons to get a Mt. Dew and some pecan swirls...

I left and the on-ramp here runs parallel to the interstate for about 2 miles before you merge onto it. You go through 2 stop lights before merging.

It was about 5:45 AM, mostly dark outside. There was a guy in a Honda Accord driving in the other lane beside of me on the passenger side. He stopped short of the red light and as I rolled by, he was looking over at me shouting through his window. I thought it was strange, but the light turned green and I went on.

At the next light, I stop and he's still on my passenger side. He rolls up short of the light, and I look over at him. He's creeping up along side of my Explorer slowly, staring into it.

I open my console, grab my Sig out of the holster, chamber a round, click the safety on, then hold it between my legs out of sight.

He continues to creep on up and he's staring right into my passenger window shouting and cussing at the top of his lungs. So I just roll down the window and say, "What's wrong there buddy?" He replies, "Nothing wrong, why do you ask?" I answer, "Because you've been staring into my truck screaming and cussing at me." He asks, "Does that bother you?"

At this point, I'm thinking what would happen if I pull the gun up to the window and ask, "Does this bother you?" But I digressed....

I answer him one last time, "No it doesn't bother me, but I must be awfully good lookin if you break your neck trying to look in here constantly."

He called me a nice slang term for a homosexual, starts cussing again, and then the light turns green. So I roll off, hop on the interstate, and keep driving.

I would bet money that he was either drunk, on drugs, or both.

I sure am glad I have a concealed carry permit though. I just don't feel safe out on the streets in the dark without a handgun anymore.