View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Have no clue what was wrong with the guy.

He definitely had his head stuck way out the window in my direction. It got my attention.

I would feel naked without a handgun in the car now.

My dad was riding his motorcycle about a month ago. He had pulled off the road in an industrial park and was waiting for some other motorcycle buddies to meet up with him so they could go ride.

While he was waiting, an old van pulled up with about 3 guys in it. One of the guys got out and walked up to Dad. He asked Dad if he had any cash, he needed some gas money. Dad told him that he only had a debit card, no cash. At that point, the other two guys in the van started opening the door and stirring around. The guy that was nearest to Dad said, "Well, there's 3 of us here and we're pretty desperate...."

Dad also has a CCW permit. Fortunately he was carrying and when the guy made that last statement, Dad eased the pistol out of his pocket and followed up with, "I suggest you get back in your van before I blow your hindend off..."

Dad was telling me this and it really made me hurt inside that he was all alone and was really outnumbered. Dad used to be a stout guy but after a back surgery and a hip replacement, I don't think he could hold his own anymore, especially against several guys.

Dad told me that he honestly felt that the guy's words were of a threatening tone and I believe him. I'm glad it ended peacefully. Dad and I both shoot trap, skeet, USPSA, and benchrest rifle. I have no doubt that he would have hit what he was aiming for, but you definitely don't want to be in that kind of situation.

As for carrying my P238 cocked and locked, if it's on my person I will. However, when I carry it in the console (like if I have to run a lot of errands to the bank, post office, etc.), it's not chambered. It's in a holster, but I guess it's the OCD in me that's worried something will rattle around, jar around, or hit it in some way.