View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

I’m a SPF owner who bought his car in 1999 and I have been all over the USA in mine with well over 60,000 miles on it (closer to 70). That said, the only time I ever question my decision is when lusting over an ERA. They are beautiful cars. But even though I lust over the ERAs, if I was going to buy another cobra, it would have to be another SPF (it’s kind of like me looking at a super model but staying true to my wife…lol). I have simply had too much good luck and too much fun with mine to even think about something else.

I could go on and on about the support infrastructure but most of my comments would be redundant of earlier posts. I am not one to wrench on a car and fortunately, my SPF has been trouble free. I have made a number of upgrades (a few comfort and a few performance) but most of those were completed by one of the hundreds of high quality mechanical experts who have chosen the SPF brand and are lurking in every nook and cranny of the USA. So that support system has be incredibly important to me.

But the best part of it has been all the friends I have made through SCOF. My best friends in the world consist on two old high school buds, one professional friend and the rest are all SPF owners. I know they will be a part of my life for as long as I live and would come to my aid no matter what…no questions asked. That is worth more to me than ten times the price of the car. I won’t say that cannot happen elsewhere or with other brands. I just have not seen or heard of it in my 12 years in the hobby. Had someone told me this in 1999 when I was buying my car, I would have said I had enough friends and never have known the difference. But that was only because I had no point of reference as to what this car would bring to me.

I suppose the latter is the #1 reason I would buy SPF again but I don’t want that to diminish the total 100% confidence I have in the brand. My car still looks incredible and is probably worth more than I paid for it making it the least expensive car I have ever owned…..yet the most fun and rewarding. Tough to beat that experience.

Uncle Fester