View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielg View Post
Engine timing is critical with all Demon carbs. They do not work at your typical 12 deg advance. They must see a minimum 18deg to function, they require that much.
I have them on two cars and love them, I hated them at first because they hesitated etc. I locked out the timing full advance using a start retard msd for easy cranking. works flawles and the engine response is crazy.
Unfortunatly when people buy demons no one tells them about the 18-22 deg they need, I also was not informed, or I would have bought something else. but I end up messing with them and couldn't figure it out and a sharp tech a BG told me about the timing. Problem solved.
Daniel
Never heard of this before........maybe the case for a big block Ford engine,but my 351-W with a Demon runs perfectly at 12 degrees intial timing,no hesitation,no bog,no nothing,just flat out goes...
My 331 stroker runs prefectly at 10 degrees intial timing, no hesitation, no bog, no nothing, this one really hauls the mail from idle to 6500+rpms....

on both carbs,all I did was change jets by reading the spark plugs, adjust the float levels as per directions and use a vacum gauge to tune the idle circuit...both have not been touched in years once I got them tuned to my engines.........

David