Thread: 78 Miles
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default 78 Miles

I do thank you guys for the morale support, yes, it’s more than a major disappointment for me after waiting so long, travelling half way around the world, driving 1600 miles and then to have this happen after only driving the car for 27 miles in Phoenix. Yep, it’s a horror story ok and does not say too much for the engine and transmission manufacturers involved to allow such a condition to exist. I am using very kind words here since it will be interesting to learn what caused the failure to occur. I am concluding Voss will be able to peel this one back and discover the root cause of the failure.

After talking to several people however there is much focus on the linkage between the Roush 511 engine and Bowler automatic transmission, the high idle rate and the methodology of assembly. While this is just speculation at this time and I must wait for confirmation, it does have credibility and merit given there were issues associated with these linkage components having incorrect bolt hole patterns discovered during the installation process as corroborated by several emails between Voss and Roush.

After reviewing these emails and endeavoring to make sense out of what happened, I cannot help but wonder why Roush failed to provide the correct components when the engine was first shipped to Voss and only after discovery by Voss of the bolt hole mismatch did Roush supply a second set of components. I am a reasonable person, but it makes me just wonder how this could have been allowed to happen.

While these events make a compelling argument for speculative judgment about fit and function and probable cause, I need wait until Voss finalizes the root cause failure analysis sometime next week.

I will keep you informed.

tin-man