View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

I've generally been staying out off carb tuning discussions because generally the poster doesn't want to listen but seems like you guys are carrying on in a dedicated civil manner so here goes a few guide lines---

A couple items about the demon---they have pink accelerator pump cams and should be around a 31 squirters---this works pretty good for a starting point.

They all seem to have too high a power valve and I will generally drop to a new 4.5 or 5.5 and sometimes on a BIG cam maybe a 3.5.

Jets, a general Jerry rule is sizes of Holley jets that = stated cfm of carb---800 cfm carb, #80 jets----I would probably do 78 pri and 82-83 sec for a start--primary has pv which = 3 -5 jet sizes

Demon carbs---there was a period of time where they were full of chips---this era probably turned more tuners away from these carbs and killed the company
Idle-eze---if you have an aircleaner stud that is 5/16 thread, you probably have an idle eze base plate---remove the stud and with a slender screw driver you can adjust an air valve that is located in the middle of the base plate---this allows you to keep the butterflies where they need to be over the transfer slots---Oh did I mention that the transfer slots usually have a burr inside the drilled hole?

Try to identify the carb number and if it has an Idle eze base plate----