View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the forum Hammerman. I think that's a great question and you're bound to get a few replies. I guess it would depend on how much you want to get involved in the build and what skills you have, for a start.

To me "rolling chassis" is a pretty loose term. You will find with a bit of digging that one kit supplier throws a body onto a chassis and loads all the hanging panels onto a trailer and delivers it to your home with barely more work than that.

At the other end of the scale you have kit suppliers that hang the doors, bonnet and boot, plus all the fixing points for dash, steering column, shocker mounts etc are in place and the chassis is powder coated or painted to your spec.

Do you want ABS brakes or a particular driveline or forced induction, can they fit auto trans, live axles or IRS, deep dish on the rear, cosmetic or structural roll bars. Is the floor in place or removable, what seat options are there, how true is the body to the original 427 shape, etc etc etc

How have their cars performed in driving events, not just track but hill climbs and motorkhana. If buying from interstate what local support do you have?

Also it helps if your engineer has recently passed one of their kits, meaning beam/torsion and brake testing has already been carried out.

I could probably go on but that should get you started.

Best of luck

Paul