View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

freakin comp cams......had 6500 miles on a new set.......i now have a thousand dollar date........no comp cams anything will go back in my motor.
i'm looking at isky and crower for lifters....and the jury is still out for a camshaft......in shopping for lifters comp cams is the cheapest, prolly a reason for that.....seems every cam manufacturers tech says the roller lifter failures they have seen seem to be comp cams......a red flag should have gone up when i got a set of 460 lifters boxed wrong as a FE set....

so with your day-mare....no signs of impact? could the nut have wedged between the rocker and the retainer? i would also be looking at the cam, see from underneath if any wedge impact with the cam and the underneath of the block in the lifter valley area.....it had to fall thru the hole between the intake and head.....if it fell into the head around the springs it would have still been there when you pulled the cover...so impact was either on the retainer or with the cam and block....or a crank throw and the block