View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default North Bay July BBQ

Hello North Bay, BACC and NorCal Cobra Enthusiasts. Ed and Marlene Mestre have graciously volunteered to host a BBQ at the Firehouse atop Mount Tam. Note that this even occurs the SECOND Sunday in July. Also note that we need RSVPs (PM to me) so Ed & Marlene can get an approximate "head count" for the meat purchase.

From Ed:

DATE: July 10 (second Sunday) TIME: 10 a.m. Sharp

START LOCATION FOR CARAVAN: Marin French Cheese Factory (web page available), (7500 Red Hill Rd. (Point Reyes Petaluma Rd.) near the intersection of Novato Blvd. ( We can have a snack / coffee / cheese, etc.)

ITINERARY: From the Cheese Factory, we will travel (perhaps leaving 10:30 or 10:45 am) through West Marin to Highway 1, then south to the Throckmorton Ridge Firehouse atop Mt. Tamalpais for our BBQ luncheon . (This will cover 32 miles and take about an hour)

If there is enough interest, after lunch we can arrange a tour of the Mt. Tamalpais Fire Lookout (See You Tube) 20 min. drive and 10 minute hike from the station.( Please advise) if interested.

Marlene & I will provide burgers/hot dogs/buns/water & ice. The station has a BBQ and bathroom facilities.

WHAT TO BRING: Bring your own soda, beer or wine plus plates, and plastic silverware. The following folks have volunteered to bring:
Carol / brownies
Gisela / four bean salad
Linda / Dessert
Yvonne / Macaroni salad
Others can bring a side dish if they wish. There should be plenty of food available.

PLEASE RSVP via PM with head count by July 5 so that we can coordinate. Please also advise about the Mt. Tam Lookout tour.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke