View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pete I reckon most of the blokes on this forum are behind you all the way with this project, and the fact that one of our truly clever guys Aussie Mike has come onboard offering you solid advice on fabricating and build ideas will be of huge assistance to you.

I have not seen a completed 240Z/GTO replica but I would assume that the contemporary body dimensions are pretty much true to the original. Some earlier attempts were so out of kilter they were hideous. Does the fact that the GTO had a rather high roof line mean that you won't have to chop the Datto either to stay faithful to the GTO's lines?

Is the car registered? If so do you still have to present it for a full inspection or can you just advise of the engine swap because "the Zed's motor was beyond repair"? This would get you around the many ICV problems. In Qld I think you can go forward with engine technology eg; the LS motor into the Zed, but you can't go backwards, like putting a carbied 350 into a late model Commodore for instance.

Lots of photos and stories about the build please!!