View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Yep my error guys, it had 1968 Torino written on the windscreen, I made an assumption it should be Gran Torino (my only knowledge on them is from the movie), I am not a Ford guy

There was alot of rust, including bases of rear arches where the boot hinges are welded on.

At the same swap meet I had a sign out that I was keen on Valiant Chrysler stuff.
Toward the end a guy told me he has a couple and i am welcome to have a look with prospect of buying. So I went out there yesterday arvo, he had a fair bit of gear of all sorts.
A couple of early AP5 and AP6 cars (the 6 I reckon is pretty tidy under the dust), but I was more keen on the VJ Hardtop he had, I am going to see if we can work a price out on it.
These are affectionatly know as "Hippos" amongst the Aussie Val guys.

It has the wrong (later model) front sheet metal fitted, was a factory V8 auto car with power steer and air.
The original color was "True Blue Metalic" very close to guardsman blue and had a white Vinyl roof and white interior.
All fixed up would look like this one.

With white roof.
But I may go with this type of front sheet metal.

It would be one that sits in the back of shed and waits about 5 or so years.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.