View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C Cobra, 521 CU BBF, Holley ProJection, T56 Magnum, 3.5:1 TruTrac 9-inch
Not Ranked     
Default Control Arm Safety Tip

I adjusted my suspension a bit and wanted to go get another alignment to reduce a vibration that I picked up.

While on the alignment rack....the guys finds that one of the rubber bushing that actually held the upper control arm together, and the bolt holding the bushing into the control arm - WAS MISSING !!

The bolt on the passenger side control arm was also missing, but bushing was still there.

So that explains the vibration!!

Any way, the upper arms are made by a shop called Fast Times Rods up near Buffalo. So I call them and they say that you are supposed to remove the bolts that hold the bushings in, loctite them, and then put it back together.

No label or warning note indicated that so it never occured to me to dissassemble my control arms, loctite them, and put them back together.

The guys at Fast Times sent me new bushings/etc and I loctited the whole thing together.

So safety tip....check those bolts that hold the upper arm bushings in place. Make sure they are tight and maybe loctite them.