View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Here is my original post, nowhere does it say this is'nt a cool motor, nowhere does it say the gentleman who owns it cannot build engines, it clearly states I think more power can be had for a much cheaper price, example with my small block, the engine weights 400 pds with 515 hp thats 115 difference, the cammer is 630 pds and has 730whp, thats 110, see its not saying the cammer sucks anywhere, its just an opinion, so how did my story get so changed around, I wonder.
But you're also inferring or saying that the SOHC engine "for street is a conversation piece." It can't corner because it weighs too much and it can't get down the 1/4 mile strip fast enough.

Do you know that Jay Brown, from the FE Forum, has a 1964 Ford Galaxie, which won Drag Week 2009 with a NA 585" SOHC (9.50s @ 143). And I'm sure he's posted better numbers more recently, but I can't access that fast enough.

A Galaxie! Oops, I forgot, you're counting money. It's an awesome engine and think nearly everyone here on Club Cobra would want one, maybe two.

Last edited by RodKnock; 07-13-2011 at 08:19 PM..