View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default New Leather Spats Installed !

I finally got the new spats installed. They were made by a local interior shop. The leather is a very high grade leather with fine suede on the back side. It's not as thick as saddle or shoe leather, but is thicker than seat leather and excellent quality. To prevent paint damage backing is also not necessary, and the leather will not be damaged by the elements. The design is simple without a bunch of extra stitching - just not necessary. It's held in place by industrial strength 1 inch wide velcro running the full length inside the wheel well and inside the cockpit. You can't see it at all. There is also a snap securing the bottom to create the stretch fit. They do not flap or move at speed. I made sure of that tonight.

If you treasure your paint or are interested in covering up multiple rock chips (my situation), I think these things look cool. There not coming off the car ever. I should have done this on day 1. Who doesn't like black leather anyway?

Cost was 200.00

This first generation pattern is for Superformance. Maybe as some of the guys in the local club bring their various makes into his shop he will be able to develop patterns for other models.