View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Classic Wheels #20117
Not Ranked     
Default Shell Valley build coming along

I have been in love with Cobras since I saw the movie 'The Gumball Rally' at the tender age of 16. My younger cousin and I saw that movie 3 times that summer. I knew that someday I just had to own one. I am now at age 50 and the big 'C' word entered my vocabulary 3 1/2 years ago. I decided life had to be lived and this was the start! Kids are out of school and the second half of my childhood has begun!

I ordered a Shell Valley 1967 Cobra while visiting tables at the Import and Kit Car Nationals in Carlisle, Pa. this past May. The new owner/President Travis and salesman Dana are great to work with. They put up with my weekly phone calls, additions, changes without any complaints! (you will see photos of one of my changes: drilled/slotted rotors added)

My Ford 351w/435 hp powerplant, Tremec TKO-600 transmission came from Engine Factory in NJ. Chris, Bruce and Tim were great to work with. A video and photos were sent to me during and after the build was complete!

The body is ready to go to the painter at the end of this week i am being told and I am really feeling more and more excited. I chose Lamborghani Titanium for the base color and Cadillac black diamond for the stripes.

I'll update here as I get photos from Dana at Shell Valley. Here are some photos: