View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowright View Post
I was denied entry because my car was not manufactured by Shelby. It is a Backdraft and the woman said "we have no one who can judge your car." I wonder how many Cobra's they will have.

I'll be at Havana! I'm going to spend my entry fee on Stella and Padron!
This is an AACA style event, as such they have the following disclaimer:

"Authentic Automobiles OnlyOnly authentic models of recognized automobile manufacturing companies are accepted. Customized cars, aftermarket parts modified vehicles, replicas, kit cars, and other such vehicles are not accepted. Vehicles in the High Performance Production Cars (HPP) division must be American made and completely stock as delivered by the manufacturer without modifications. Late model Shelby Cobra automobiles will be accepted with proof that the vehicle was manufactured at the Shelby facility. Vehicles may be turned away on the day of the show if modifications are found. There are no exceptions."

I personally know a CSX4000 series owner who's car got turned away from this event last year. Lighten up and don't get your panties in a twist over it. Just like you showing up with your Ford powered cobra to a Corvette show who's disclaimer reads "Chevy power vehicles only". No big deal one way or the other.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS