View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     
Default exhaustive research

I am in the process of having some work done on my Excal. One of the upgrades will be a new exhaust system. New headers are part of it. I am working with Bob Benett of Bennett Coachworks in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
Bennett Coachworks - Fine, Exotic and Custom Auto Restoration and Fabrication
My car went to his shop yesterday.
Bob Worked with Excalibur and built the frame weld fixtures and also welded the first 11 frames among other things. His shop is very familiar with these cars and he tells me it's like a long lost family member coming home when they get one to work on. His web site shows at least one Excalibur that recieved a GT40 motor along with numerous other upgrades. Go to the "completed projects" link on his web site for a plethora of pictures of this build along with other cars he has done.
Back to the topic. He will be building a fixture when he makes my headers so he will be able to make copies of them and provide them to other Excal owners. I will keep you guys posted on how this goes. I asked him to take picture of the progress. Maybe I can get him to post a photo of the headers and the fixture for making them.
Mine will get silver ceramic coating and race glaze interior. Finally, FOUR functioning pipes going into the collector.