View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary with 482 KC/SO, TKO600,IRS Jag/AMP, 3.54 Salisbury PL,
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle Al View Post
I have the wider scoop from Cobra Restorers. In the 15 years I have had the car, never a single comment on the scoop being different. Nor have I ever had a problem with fuel boiling and I have no spacers. What temp thermostat are you running? You might try just eliminating the thermostat and switchin to waterless NPG coolant which elimnates any and all hot spots and makes cooling much more even. Also runs without any pressure in the cooling system.
Right on. Thanks for the tip.
I must have been looking up an old link or their old page because I could not get the wider scoop to show up in the Cobra Restorers page. Now I have it. It is just the perfect solution. I am ordering it.
Are you runnig any type of filter on your Webers?

I am allready running NPG but the thermostat is in,because in winter it would take too long to warm up. I have no heat issues. The cooling is so good that as soon as I go fast the temp comes down to 160 ºF.

A bigger scoop would probably flow the air better over the Webers than it is now, where they are so close to the scoop that air is probably not evenly delivered to the eight throats. That has been an issue too, because the 8 spark plugs dont look the same.