Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron02 View Post
Hi Dimis,
I think you might be a little too synical about the tax as they seem to be giving a lot of it backCameron - I love your trusting nature, but you are being taken for a ride. I have done the numbers and the vast majority (including low income earners) will be worse off. .

Unfortunately this government seems to be incompetant and unable to explain its policy'sYou surely conceed its a pretty simple concept... However, the government is restricted in deliverying its message clearly because of what they aren't willing to tell you!.

All the tax has to do is make Green energy (solar, wind, geo thermal etc) the same price as fossil fuel energy. If this is true then please Ms Prime Minister, please tell me why we are selling our coal to India where they are able to burn the same coal using the same methods as our power stations, yet they are able to trade carbon & CLAIM Carbon CREDITS on the international scene, yet we are being forced by our Government to pay a TAX despite our station burning less coal in exactly the same way?!. (happy to offer citation & reference PM me)

Given the choice (at the same price) most people will choose green energy (maybe as you say I'm a moron, my wife would agree with you) Apologies, you are not a moron, just a gent who has been conned by the propaganda, either because of ignorance or you overly trusting pleasent nature. However, if you continue to belive that the carbon tax will even remotely help save the planet, after you've done any research - then Sir, you would be deserving of the title of moron

We dont have to fix the world. Just our bit of it.More of your heart is in the right place... the government is banking on this sentiment

I agree with you about the minning tax. It was a great idea and the government got scared and backed down. Its our resources they are selling and I believe we have a right to charge more if they are making more.
Cam,

I've done my fair share of analysis on this topic and am not speaking flipently. The carbon tax is a tax! Make no mistake, the word Cabon has been placed in front b/c its the buzz word of our time and it allows the government to fool the local good hearted citizen into reluctantly accepting a tax, as they feel they'll be saving the word!

I'm sorry, there is no other way to describe it other than lipstick on a pig!

I do my bit to save the planet, I ride, run and walk to work, have eco-friendlied our old home, etc... all in the name of assiting the cause. If I thought a TAX would assist I'd accept & pay it, but frankly by my calculations the maths doesn't add up!

Kind regards,

Apologies, this is far too political for a cobra forum

Last edited by Dimis; 08-08-2011 at 07:16 AM..