View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

That is very interesting Paul and one has to wonder why.

Cameron, I work in the same Faculty as a fairly large group of climate scientists (I am not one of them), and sit in on many of their project reports, research seminars, PhD presentations and so on. It is very interesting and informative. They are a dedicated lot with many practical local and regional connections to reduce beach erosion, support climate change mitigation and adaptation in low-lying neighbour nations, support cheaper solar energy use in this region and reduce industrial emissions.

While I am personally in no doubt about the big picture on climate change and our role in it, I have major reservations about how our national government is going about the process of including Australians in the process and more importantly, developing new industries to replace of supplement those that are in the line of fire from the Carbon tax. There is an almost complete lack of practical initiative and future strategy coming out of any of our governments, state or national.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.