View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

By sheer coincidence I crossed paths with a fella who works in Dept of Climate Change. I asked him "...does everyone in your office believe in climate change?" His answer was interesting. In essence, he said it was his job to support the government in promoting the dangers and effects of climate change. He did say, that not everyone in his office agreed with it, but its a bit like a Policeman not agreeing a road should be 70km/h instead of 80km/h...what can they do? He said he could sleep easy at night, because the success or failure of his/our/government intiatives wont even remotely be able to be assessed for at least a 1000 years.

Another point. India are building 6 new coal fired power stations in a developing province. These power stations emit far less CO2 than current ones, nonetheless, they emit tonnes of CO2. Australia is selling them coal to fire the plants. Due to the efficiency of the power stations, India then receive Carbon credits which Australia can then buy back of Insia at a cost of a many millions of dollars. Complete nonsense.