View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601HP View Post
That's good info. Where will I find it?

David
It is surprisingly easy to find. It was actually much harder to find the identity of a brake fluid resistant sealant than it was to find it in a store. Lowe's has it, Autozone has it, Pep Boys has it... in fact, since I posted this thread, I've seen it just about everywhere. It has a kind of "As Seen on TV" type packaging that would make you think it was another Sham-Wow, Pocket Fisherman, or the like, but it's actually pretty powerful stuff. A word of caution, Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) is not something you want to be working with every day, or getting on your skin, or smelling, or letting the kids use to build a fort with popsicle sticks. It's kind of like the open gear grease that I recommended in this thread Valve cover gasket alternatives to cork Use it with caution, don't breathe it, and try not to get it on your skin. BTW, that open gear grease that I reference is like magic for sealing valve covers against leaks but still allowing them to come off in a flash for setting the lash.