View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Finally got back to doing some work on the car. It's a good feeling to be working on it again. Got to get cracking and get it on the road again for Summer.

Made a bit more progress on the new fuel tank.

Here are the baffles roughly worked out and the swirl pot. I made a bit of a mistake when folding the stiffening edge on the baffles and folded them both the same way. Doesn't matter as no one will see them and it won't affect how they work.

The tank is welded inside and out as I want to avoid any leaks from pinholes if possible.

Here's the Fuel pump setup. I'm rather proud of this. It lets me keep my external Bosch 044 pump but it picks up fuel from the bottom of the tank right in the swirl pot like an in tank pump. I was never keen on running wiring inside the tank or fabricating some way of getting the wiring in there.

The bracket and fittings are all integrated into the tank. You just screw the pump into place. Makes it easy to service or replace.

Next step is to finish the swirl pot and weld the baffles in. I'm machining up trap doors for the swirl pot at the moment.

Cheers