View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

I understand the need to pay tax. I HATE, yes HATE the fact that I can't avoid it. What is the point of working so god damn hard when the only reason is to hand over all that cash to those that can't be bothered.

And before you start - yes - some of them deserve a handout for being disabled, bad social situation, refugee, unemployed (except for those that are unemployable), etc etc. But seriously wealth distribution is just not on!

Ask the question, why is Gillard in the west so often. it's where the money is. Guess what she wants, out money. Town halls, swaying voters, it's all crap.

GDP = 48% WA
GST payments = $4.409B
GST returns = $3.390B
Over $1.3B returned to NSW and VIC above what they paid.

So we're already $1.1B in the hole. That means less public transport, less for homeless, drug rehab, public infrastructure blah blah...

Yes, we're lucky when it comes to resources, but thank god, imagine if we had to rely on the finance sector. Oz would look more like the US.

So I'd love to give every one a hug and hand over every thing, but I'm already on the highest tax bracket, I don't get a cent from the government, no first home buyers, no $900 free TV, no child rebate (we got no kids), no solar rebate, no insulation rebate, no nothing.

Don't feel sorry for us, we do alright, but don't lecture me on what we should do for the environment. There is no incentive to help.

I will do everything I can, within the letter of the law, to avoid paying a cent more that I have to...

Those with children may want to leave something better but I believe mother nature will take care of that. As far as I'm concerned, and I've heard it mentioned before, God helps those that help themselves...