View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default interesting

THis is a very interesting argument and one which is world wide, as can be seen from the posts.

The first thing that I would say is that Australians have never really been that 'into' politics however this current government and debate has caused a real stir. Aussie also don't say which side of politics that they are from and this can really cloud arguments.

I'm from the conserative side and thus I think that my view is reflected accordingly. Whether you believe the sicene or not I think that more money can be spent in better areas without taxing the middle class.

I always find it interesting that the debate went from global warming to climate change when we went back to getting really cold days as I remembered as a child, and the global warming debate no longer stood up.

I always laugh when I hear that 'its the hottest day since 1930, which meant that 70 years ago it was that hot!! So what has changed. I remember from school that plants use co2 don't they. So plant more trees

It's easy to be green and point the finger at the major business, but we have lost a lot of manufacturing in our country, we need to put our people and country first.

When we all drive prius' around, which cause more pollution to build let alone no one seems to know what to do with the old batteries. Will our green friends be happy then?

All I know that we have gone from a country in surplus which was used by the current government to get through a financal criss, we have some of the richest mines in the world, yet we have a government who is wasteful and full of ideas that dont work.

Lets look in our own back yard and build our future first and then worry about the world. That's what I can do for my children.

I'll get off the soap box.

steve.

And as far as cobras go we have had some of the hardest pollution standards that any kit car has in the world. THe amount of pollution my cobra spits out in the 3 to 5 thousands kays it does in a year is hard a drop in the ocean, give me a break