View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default next steps

Adam

To gain more boot space I lowered my standard tank fitment. I didn't have to cut a hole in the boot floor for partial tank penetration as the GF manual suggests. Though I did cut a hole for access to service the fuel pump and so forth. I too also had the tank modified for an in tank BA fuel pump somewhat like yours.

My gallery doesn't show the lowering too well but does show the modification to the seat belt post. I wanted twin rollbar hoops and in boot seat belt fitting. This gives more room in the cabin floor for seat positioning which I think is one of the GForces weak design points.

If you want twin hoops you need to add an inner passenger rollbar mount location and for any serious track work a third leg and mount point. All this best done of course whilst the body is off.

After tank and handbrake fitting you will be close to body on for engine install. This then gives you an idea of how little engine bay room you will have left to work in.

Keep sending updates and we can all keep on commenting.

Cheers

Steve