View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra #340, Reflex Silver with Ghost Stripes/Rondells, Polished Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     
Unhappy New ignition installed...Cobra still running when switch turned off!

Last month I started a thread about my BDR continuing to running after the ignition was turned off...

It was suggested I should replace the ignition with a brand new Painless ignition switch...

I purchased the new switch...and installed it...drove the Cobra several miles...started and shut down the engine several times...seemed to solve the problem...

I have not driven my Cobra again till yesterday (it's been too hot this summer to enjoy the Cobra much)...so I took the Cobra for a short spin at night...pulled back in the garage...turned off the key... the engine continued to run...I turned off the battery kill switch...turned off the lights...and eventually the engine stopped...

So...I spent a few minutes starting and than turning off the ignition switch...no problems...everything worked great...engine shut down...I could not duplicated the problem again...

OK now...I'm scratching my head...any thoughts on where I go next to permanently solve the problem...it seems to only happen when it's rather hot outside...and the lights are on...but that could be just a coincidence...

Thanks for the assistance...

Randy
BDR#340