View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #253 Silver/Black 358 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Sounds like you had an awesome day out on the track!

Blackhawk is a great track (our favorite so far). My husband tracks there regularly, but I've only been out on it twice, once in a Lotus Elise and once in my Cobra. The cars do respond very differently.

Based on the numerous offs that I've seen or heard about, lifting occurs when the driver is unsure there is enough track available to complete the turn. One of my friends has posted video of her off on turn 5 at Blackhawk on You Tube (I'd have to look it up again if you're interested) and you can also almost see the exact moment where she lifted. She also took a trip out into the grass. Her next off a month later was even more spectacular, taking out a few bushes in the outfield past turn 6.

We haven't made any mods to my Cobra, so it's not really a track-worthy car (in my opinion). It's great in the straights, of course. My issue is trusting that the Cobra will make the corner when I turn the wheel. I am learning to remember to allow the car to correct when I go past the slip angle. I have learned on the street that forcing the slip angle can result in facing the wrong way on the street. :-) Luckily, no accidents so far.

Every driving experience is a learning experience about your own skills and your cars' abilities. I have learned to trust myself more and to trust the car more. I still don't trust other drivers on the streets!

Looking forward to seeing the pics!