View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

Smart human species have been moving out of fertile regions of Africa for hundreds of thousands. The most recent and only successful migration happened about 50,000 years ago. Bringing Aborigines to Australia about 49,000 years ago. And eventually spreading the species all over the planet. All due to weather pattern changes. The Ocean then was about 400 feet lower than it is now and in prehistory has also been higher than it is now.

Why do we have the audacity think that during this current lifetime it has to be 72 and sunny every day to please us. We do not live on a static planet. Is it the naiveté' or is it arrogance to think we can stop an ice age.

I wonder if our ancestors whined as much when they had to move to survive.

I wonder too if we have lost that great survival instinct when we encounter another massive ice age. And will it be like New Orleans, on a grander scale and we wait for the great rescue.

Arthur

Last edited by lal Naja; 08-15-2011 at 11:09 PM..