Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
Fantastic Cobra !

But dude,.......clear out all the stuff around the car !
Can you imagine the go-kart,.... or dirt bike falling and smashing your beautiful aluminum Kirkham !
Just trying to help buddy.
I had a shop broom next to mine with foam covering the handle, but when it fell it hit my cobra. The tiny,..... brad nail that attached the handle hit the paint and chipped it ! Good lesson !
Thanks for the advice. The kart is gone of that location as it's race season and I was tired of moving it in and out of that place. The dirtbike won't move, it is well secured on that stand. The best solution would be to get another garage, but I can't do that, so it will have to be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreid View Post
Arno,

Now that you are close to receiving your engine, here are a couple of pointers that I had to learn the hard way.

1. Remove the tranny tunnel before installing the engine. It is held on with about 10 screws. You have to take the seats out, but it makes it much easier, plus you have to remove the tunnel to get the driveshaft in (well, at least I did as it was the only way to get the rear flange past the differential enough to slide the yoke into the tranny).

2. Remove the clamshell tranny mount from the frame and attach it to the tranny with the two bolts, then when you are in position, slip the single large bolt through the mount and secure it to the frame and finish tightening the other two.

I wish I noticed how easy it was to remove the tunnel at first. Not noticing it at first cost me an additional couple of hours. Good luck!
Thanks Mark. 1 and 2 have already been done the interior is all apart because it is getting upholstered and I need to install the carpet.
I'm still debating the engine install, install it with or without the tranny... I'm going to pick up the engine (and be there for the dyno) on the 30/31st, pretty excited!