View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X #99 View Post
Jimbo, you need to get some in car driving lessons from an experienced performance driving instructor. You don't need Michael Shumacher or Boris Said to give you lessons. You don't even need somebody with Cobra experience. You need to learn the basics and then your lap times will get better and you will stop spinning like a Ballerina.

I see you have posted some 1/4 mile times and while they are impressive they do not transfer to the road course.

Finally you will not learn anything from internet instruction
you need somebody IN THE CAR with you.

Good luck.
+100
I remember my 2cd day out with an instructor like it was yesterday. Going from one turn to another there was a pretty good "dip" in the track right in the braking zone,but I was sooooooooo sssssssllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwww it didn't really affect me or the car.
The second day out,I was getting quicker and went thru the "dip" and as I came out under braking, the rear end got light and the rear brakes locked up. We had in-car comunications and the instrucdtor saw I was kinda "spooked" as the car had not done that before. I said to him WFT just happened,he said since I had picked up quite a bit of speed in that section, the dip now became a problem,so I said, WFT do I do now to get thru it safely, so he told me how to alter my line a little and change up my braking a little and before I knew it, I was flying thru that spot with no problems........
This is what an instructor can do for you as well as coach you thru your bad/wrong driving habits, which I had my share also......

David

David

Last edited by DAVID GAGNARD; 08-19-2011 at 11:14 AM..