Thread: Pusher fans
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Cheers Jamo, great minds think alike.

Well I made a start on fitting the fans today, but first I had to finish fitting some new AVO's I bought from another Forum member recently.
I had to get some spacers machined up as my old Spax shocks had rubber bushes and new shocks had spherical joints.
Rear in place.

Front in place,

I also fitted some front slotted rotors from the LAB. And will need to readjust ride heights back to previous settings.

Moved onto the fans next, and after thinking about it for the past few days I decided I did not want to mount them using the 2 steel bars supplied, but instead wanted the single bar up high.

So after working out in my head how I would mount the fan bar to the chassis, I started making some brackets to mount the fan motors to, that I could then weld these to the single bar.
I will use the triangle shapped flat pad as my mount for fan bracket bar.

And here are the mounts I made for fan motors.

The one on the right shows how they mount.

Next I made the bar assy and fitted fan assys.

After a trial fit, all was well so I made some more measurements and welded some uprights on for mounting to the chassis, stripped it all apart and painted before closing up the shed.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.